Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Must Have Gym Bag Essentials




Must Have Gym Bag Essentials 


New year new me right? Last month was a trial run so my new year starts today. Maybe not so much but all jokes aside going to the gym can be the most tedious task of all time. A person once told me it takes two weeks to form a habit. I'm guessing it is pretty pathetic that I can’t stick to going to gym on a five day per week basis, after the 13th day I'm spent. Joking but seriously I honestly love the gym and the adrenaline rush I get after having an intense workout is like no other. The key to success (No DjKhaled pun intended) is definitely building a routine and sticking to it, sometimes being a mom and of course stress at work can make that difficult but the gym is a HUGE stress reliever. I thought I'd contribute to the positive healthy  vibes and talk about my must have gym items for a great workout. 

  1. Fitbit Activity Tracker 
  1. Quality Headphones 
  1. Cute Water Bottle, Because obviously? 
  1. Fruit for the after workout extreme hunger.. 
  1. Deodorant 
  1. Towel 

These I would say are my must haves, I get so upset if I forget my fitbit while I'm at the gym. It tracks your steps and even cheers you on as you run. My favorite is when you take part in any of their group challenges amongst friends to compete and see who has the most steps, calories burned miles etc. The BEST part about the fitbit is that it holds you accountable. One glance at your wrist and you are reminded just how much of a loser you have been Netflix and "chilling" all day. 

  As far as headphones no music = no cardio unless I'm working out with friends, cardio feels 10x worse in dead silence it sounds like my bones are breaking and my fat is crushing me. Staying hydrated is also a major key going to the gym without a bottle of water is like asking to be suffocated. That horrible dry mouth feeling while gasping for air? No thanks. Don’t forget the deodorant just don't. Last but not least bring a towel, not only will it help wipe away all the sweat you'll be drenched in but I throw it over the treadmill or elliptical so you won't count down the time endlessly. Time goes faster when you don't look at it. That sums it up for me I would say a must have for me is super cute lululemon, nike or adidas workout gear but that doesn’t matter. I lost 40 pounds after having my son and worked out in old t-shirts and raggedy leggings. So tell me some must haves for you and your gym bag "goals". 

Xoxo 
Lindsey 

No comments:

Post a Comment